1. Wise Dan – Saratoga looms large for Wise Dan, where he’ll have to keep winning to remain in this top spot.
2. Game on Dude – Dominant in the Hollywood Gold Cup, rematch with Dullahan in the Pacific Classic should be next.
3. Fort Larned – Performance of the year in the Stephen Foster. Will be impossible to beat with that kind of form.
4. Graydar – He has rejoined Pletcher’s Stable at Saratoga, will be looking for a big fall campaign.
5. Sahara Sky – Tremendous job running down Cross Traffic in the Met Mile.
Sleeper: Paynter – HUGE comeback race off near death, Cinderella story in the making!
1. Royal Delta – Time for her to prove it. Delaware Handicap this week is a huge race for her.
2. Tiz Miz Sue – Also likely for the Delaware Handicap. With current form, she could turn the tables on Royal Delta
3. Ciao Bella – Looks to be peaking, can she carry her Gulfstream form elsewhere?
4. Authenticity – Backed up her huge effort on Oaks day with another solid showing in the Ogden Phipps.
5. On Fire Baby – Has come back for her 4-year-old campaign much improved; could be setting up for a big time year.
Sleeper: Summer Applause – Looks to be rounding into top form for trainer Chad Brown.
3 Year Old Males
1. Oxbow – Triple Crown season champion, now must win round two in the Haskell/Travers double.
2. Orb – We overrated him, but we also shouldn’t count him out. He’s being pointed to the Travers
3. Palace Malice – Could he be a late bloomer much like his father Curlin. Pointed to the Jim Dandy, and then the Travers
4. Verrazano – He’s back in big way! Now can he take on Oxbow, Mylute, and others…and beat them at a mile and one-eighth in the Haskell?
5. Mylute – Consistency is key! He’ll get another shot at the top horses in the Haskell.
Sleeper: Power Broker – Has had two impressive wins in a row, now gets his shot at the best in the Haskell.
3 Year Old Females
1. Princess or Sylmar – Time for the top horse in the division to start back up again. Coaching Club Oaks this Saturday at Saratoga!
2. Beholder – Looked like the winner until deep in the stretch of the Oaks; showed her class off once again.
3. Unlimited Budget – Did not embarrass herself in the Belmont, needs to run and win against fillies now.
4. Midnight Lucky – She needed the distance cutback, and fired a HUGE race in the Acorn. Prioress will be the next test this Saturday.
5. Fiftyshadesofhay – Made it two in a row with a nice win in the Iowa Oaks.
Sleeper: Close Hatches – Easily defeated the now overrated Dreaming of Julia in the Mother Goose.
1. Fast Bullet – Finally got to see him do his thing on the big stage. Exceptional race in the True North.
2. Groupie Doll – This fast lady is back on the workout tab. Gearing up for a summer/fall campaign.
3. Delaunay – Not ready to give up on him yet, but was beaten fair and square in Iowa
4. Gentleman’s Bet – Up and comer in the division looked awfully good in the Iowa Sprint
5. Justin Phillip – Old timer still running huge races. Thought his True North was exceptional, just overshadowed by stable mate.
Sleeper: Centralinteligence – If he can repeat his Triple Bend effort, he’ll be a force.