1. Wise Dan – With the flop of the Game On Dude, and his dramatic stretch run, he now sits atop the rankings.
2. Mucho Macho Man – When running at Santa Anita he’s at a different level. Breeders Cup Classic winner proved to be much better than his older rivals.
3. Game On Dude – Will look to redeem himself on Black Friday in the Clark Handicap.
4. Cross Traffic – It’s too bad he got injured as I think he was on his way to huge things.
5. Fort Larned – What a strange year for the 2012 Classic winner. Still ran well in this years version.
Sleeper: Declaration of War – He’s plenty good, but will we see him back in America once again?
1. Royal Delta – She wins this by default, but the champ is probably done. The division was a bit weak this year, but the infusion of good three-year olds will boost it next year.
2. Tiz Miz Sue – Absolutely sickening that she had to be retired. Was running better than ever.
3. Authenticity – Solid run in the Distaff, but never really threatened to win.
4. Joyful Victory – Never was quite good enough to beat the top-notch horses, but still a solid horse.
5. On Fire Baby – Still have hopes that she’ll come back firing
Sleeper: My Miss Aurelia – Has been transferred to Todd Pletcher. Interesting move, will it pay off?
3 Year Old Males
1. Will Take Charge – He’ll look to lock up the division in the Clark Handicap vs. Game On Dude
2. Palace Malice – He sort of fell off towards the end of this season, but still was respectable. Could be a nice colt at age four.
3. Orb – Never could recapture his Kentucky Derby form.
4. Goldencents – Can definitely move up with a win in the Cigar Mile over Groupie Doll and others.
5. Oxbow – Nice career for him, but his injury put him out of contention for three-year old honors.
Sleeper: Normandy Invasion – Lets see if this colt comes back running at age 4…
3 Year Old Females
1. Beholder – She won the Distaff which evened the score with Princess of Sylmar
2. Princess of Sylmar – Absolutely hate ranking her second, but I think you have to do so.
3. Close Hatches – Her late season heroics are enough to move her up the third.
4. Midnight Lucky – Unfortunately she will miss the rest of the year, which will cause her to drop some.
5. Fiftyshadesofhay – Respectable horse, but a cut below this groups best.
Sleeper: Dreaming of Julia – What ever happened to her??
1. Secret Circle – Super impressive in his huge comeback! Tops a weak division.
2. Groupie Doll – Was totally against her in the Filly and Mare Sprint…she made me looks stupid.
3. Justin Phillip – Was nothing but solid this year. The old pro retires with nothing to be ashamed about.
4. Points Offthebench – Such a sad story, but he was so good this year.
5. Gentleman’s Bet – Ran hard in every race, and always finished respectable.
Sleeper: Sahara Sky – Looked to be a monster before the injury.
2 Year Old Males
1. New Year’s Day – He has the top spot for now, but I’m not sold on him just yet.
2. Havana – Thought he was best in the Juvenile.
3. Honor Code – Thought HE was best when facing Havana. Will run in the Remsen Thanksgiving weekend.
4. Strong Mandate – Tough post killed him in the Juvenile. Will freshen up for a big three-year old campaign at Oaklawn.
5. Rise Up – The Delta Downs track can sometimes be tricky, but Rise Up was 10 times the best in the Jackpot.
Sleeper: Tap It Rich – He was the hype horse and then the forgotten horse at the Breeders Cup. He learned a ton in the Juvenile.
2 Year Old Females
1. She’s A Tiger – Think she’s distance challenged, but has accomplished a lot.
2. Sweet Reason – Always seems to have an excuse, but has been right there in every race.
3. Ria Antonia – Not sold on her yet, needed a DQ to win the Juvenile fillies.
4. Rosalind – Thought she was best in the Juvenile Fillies…
5. My Conquestadory – Outside post killed her in the Juvenile Fillies Turf, still ran very respectable.
Sleeper: Stopchargingmaria – Mike Repole horse is getting better with every race.